Saturday 25 January 2014

A Quick Look at SVC CHAOS Extreme Encounters Mook - The King of Monsters & Animals / Backgrounds


Following on from the previous post about the SVC Chaos Mook, next up is a few pages featuring the King of Monsters & Animals section of the mook. From what I understand each of the characters if hit by Red Arremer or Athena with a super at the end of match will turn into a monster or an animal respectively. 


Not quite as interesting as the Midnight Bliss transformations in my opinion. 
Also although I can understand the choices of monsters/animals of a few characters, I completely don't understand others at all. Maybe there's some kind of in-joke or reference I'm missing.


But anyway, apologies for the sideways pic of the backgrounds stage.
I never really thought about it in great detail but although the backgrounds in SVC are beautifully designed, there isn't really much fan service in terms of background appearances from other characters or anything like that.

I remember reading a rumour that SVC Chaos was rushed out to fulfill the end of the contract between the two companies, so it's a shame that it wasn't really as polished as it could have been.

2 comments:

  1. Like yesterday, these scans are great- thank you for posting them! I've never been able to find a copy of this game, so it's really fun to be able to look at the sprites that it contains.

    ReplyDelete